Step 1: File a 2012-2013 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Submit only one application. Do not submit more than one application.
- To electronically apply and sign your FAFSA, students and parents should apply for a Personal Identification Number (PIN) at www.pin.ed.gov. If you already have a Federal Student Aid PIN, but have lost or forgotten it, you can request a duplicate on the PIN website.
- To reduce possible mistakes and streamline the financial aid application process, students and parents may be eligible to use the Internal Revenue Service Data Retrieval process. This means when you fill out your FAFSA you may be eligible to automatically transfer your federal tax information directly from the IRS into your FAFSA! To use this feature, we strongly encourage you and your parents to file your federal tax returns as early as possible before completing the FAFSA.
- Enter Manor's institutional code 003294 in the Federal School Code field and Manor will receive your results electronically.
- Review the application carefully to make sure all answers are completed and are accurate. If you or our parents have questions or are unsure on how to complete the application, call our office at (215) 884-6051. By providing complete responses, the analysis of your financial circumstances will be thorough and will provide us with the ability to be sensitive to your individual needs.
- Do Not Email Forms to Our Office. We do not recommend emailing forms to our office for three reasons: 1) Often we don’t receive attachments or they cannot be opened; 2) Emailed forms take longer to process; 3)You will expose your personal information to interception by hackers.
- If you are a new Manor College student, do not wait until you are accepted to apply for financial aid. The earlier you apply, the better chance you have that funds will be available.
Step 2: You will receive various notifications
- Notification from the Federal Processor: Once you have submitted your FAFSA, you will receive an email notification that will contain a link to your Student Aid Report (SAR). Your SAR can't be used to make corrections to your FAFSA. You'll need to make corrections on your SAR online using your PIN at the FAFSA website or request a paper SAR. If you submitted your FAFSA online without an e-mail address, you'll receive a paper SAR Acknowledgement. This SAR Acknowledgement will have all of the information you provided on the FAFSA.
- PA State Grant Notification from PHEAA: If you are selected to receive a PA State Grant, you will be sent a notice by PHEAA. Students must follow the printed instructions on the notice.
- Verification Notification: You may be randomly selected by the Federal Government for a verification process. In this event, we will send you a notification..
Step 3: You are awarded financial aid
- If you are eligible, you will be awarded financial aid. You will receive a letter from our office as well as an email notification of your financial aid award and amount. Or, you also may check your financial aid award status online at your student portal.
Step 4: Accept or decline your financial aid award
- If you are awarded financial aid, you must accept or decline your aid online at the student portal. Financial aid is intended to be used to pay educational expenses. You will have 7 days to accept/decline your awards. Failure to respond will result in cancellation of your awards.
Step 5: Complete additional online requirements for your student loan
If you are offered a student loan, you must complete additional requirements to receive the loan. You are required to:
- Complete an online entrance interview at StudentLoans.gov
- Complete an online master promissory note committing student to repay the loan. Complete the promissory note online at StudentLoans.gov