Positions currently available at Manor College:
Expanded Functions Dental Assisting Faculty Program Director, Full-Time
Manor College, the premier two-year Catholic College located in Jenkintown, has dedicated over 38 years of time, energy and growth into the EFDA Program and the Manor College Dental Health Care Facility enabling it to achieve its reputation for quality education, training and direct patient care experience for our students, and become one of the most sought after programs in its field, is currently seeking an EFDA Program Director.
Reports to: Executive Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs
About the Position:
The EFDA Program Director is a full time faculty, 12 month, 40 hour a week position that requires both teaching and administrative duties
- Requires a Baccalaureate or Higher Degree
- Must be a Certified Dental Assistant or Dentist
- Hygienist may apply if sufficient knowledge, training and experience can be demonstrated in dental assisting and expanded functions
- Must have had instruction in educational methodology or be currently working toward achieving that goal
- Licensed Pennsylvania Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
- Pennsylvania X-ray Certification
- CPR Health Care Provider Certification
- Must be able to demonstrate sufficient occupational experience in the application of chariside assisting and fourhanded dentistry
- Administrative Experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, and staff are necessary
- Clinical, lab and didactic instruction
- Provide overall direction to the EFDA Program
- Direct Supervision of the EFDA Faculty
- Prepare semester and yearly required reports
- Recruit Faculty and Staff
- Perform Clinical Administrative Duties
- Supervise students on assigned clinical rotations
- Participate in the Allied Health Pinning Ceremony
- Monitor and project the yearly program budget
- Remain current and follow all guidelines set by the ADA Commission of Accreditation for the program
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should email their resume to the attention of Diane Meehan EFDA Program Director email@example.com with the subject line reading “EFDA Program Director.” Please include references. EOE
Admissions Counselor, Full-Time
Manor College, the premier two-year Catholic college, which serves approximately 900 full-time and part-time students and is located in Jenkintown, PA, invites qualified applicants for the position of full-time Admissions Counselor.
Associate Director of Admissions
About the Position:
The Admissions Counselor’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the development and cultivation of an assigned territory to recruit freshman and transfer students. This individual will serve as liaison with division chairs/program directors to promote the college to prospective students.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and one year of sales, admissions and/or interviewing experience preferred.
- Manages an assigned territory.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff are necessary. Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred.
- Familiarity with a Student Data Information Systems (i.e. CAMS) program for applicant tracking is desirable. Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Google Documents)
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Obtain PA State Criminal and Child Abuse Clearances.
- Ability to attend night and weekend admission events and an ability to travel are required.
- A willingness to commit to the mission and values of Manor College is imperative.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should email their resume to the attention of Jeffrey Levine, Director of Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line reading “Admissions Counselor.” Please include salary requirements and references. EOE
Director Basilian Spirituality and Resource Center
Sisters of the Order of Saint Basil the Great
7101 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
The Basilian Spirituality Center, a sponsored institution of the Sisters of the Order of Saint Basil the Great, is seeking an experienced administrator who will direct, guide and carry out the mission of the Sisters in providing a place for spiritual renewal and refreshment in the tradition of Eastern Christian Spirituality and Basilian hospitality. The Director will report directly to the Provincial Superior.
- Administrative experience with a Retreat or Spirituality Center.
- Master’s Degree in Spirituality and/or Theology (preferably Eastern Catholic)
- Knowledge in programming, marketing and finance
- Demonstrated commitment to building relationships
- Leadership style that embraces compassionate strength and emphasizes collaboration.
- Strong facilitation and problem solving skills
References should highlight the candidate’s expertise and enthusiasm in working effectively in a dynamic and supportive, faith-based institution.
Sister Dorothy Ann Busowski, OSBM
710 Fox Chase Road
Fox Chase Manor, PA 19046
Adjunct instructors are needed for the following VT courses:
VT102 Laboratory Animal Management:
Scheduling: flexible, but tends to be as follows:
Lecture: Friday Noon-1:50
Lab A- Monday 11:30-12:50
Lab B- Monday 1:00-2:20 PM
Lab C – Tues, or Wed: AM or PM, Thurs PM only
Lab D – Tues, or Wed: AM or PM, Thurs PM only
This course provides an introduction to the care and use of laboratory animals in a research environment. Topics include animal welfare regulation, animal care and management, species and strain identification, nutrition, reproduction, gnotobiology, disease recognition and control, and euthanasia methods. A supplemental laboratory will cover the clinical management of rats, mice, and rabbits. In addition to lecture and laboratory, the course includes a field trip to a laboratory animal facility, and ward duty. Students should expect to spend time outside of class completing animal-care duties. (2 lecture hours, 1.5 laboratory hours)
Instructors must be either a veterinarian or a CVT with a bachelor degree (or be a NAVTA-credentialed specialist).
Please send a cover letter, resume and list of references to:
Dr. Joanna Bassert,
Program of Veterinary Technology, Manor College,
700 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
Phone: (215) 885-2360 Ext. 221 or Charmaine at Ext. 257
THE LEARNING CENTER—AN ACADEMIC SUPPORT/LEARNING ASSISTANCE RESOURCE CENTER—AT MANOR COLLEGE IS LOOKING FOR PROFESSIONAL TUTORS IN MATHEMATICS (BASIC MATH THROUGH CALCULUS),
IN THE SCIENCES (BIOLOGY, MICROBIOLOGY, ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, AND PHYSICS…), AND INTRODUCTORY LEVEL STATISTICS
- Share your expertise by tutoring students in specific subject matter
- Share the strategies for academic/intellectual pursuit in the sciences and/or in mathematics, which have proven effective for you
- Share professional, insider experiences in your discipline, which will help students to excel in their chosen courses, curricula, and vocational pursuits
- Gain invaluable tutoring/teaching experience to add to your resume or vita
- Set you own hours around your busy schedule since professional and peer tutors work with Manor students on an ad hoc basis
Compensation for tutoring as part of the Learning Center team is as follows: $15.00/hour for Professional tutors (tutors who have a Bachelors degree or higher in the subject area or an affiliated subject area)
If you are qualified and interested, please send a letter of interest and a copy of your CV to email@example.com or to Michael J. Landis, Senior Associate Professor, Liberal Arts, Learning Center Director, Manor College,Jenkintown, PA 19046
We are seeking a general dentist as a clinical practitioner/instructor to work with students enrolled in the EFDA Program at Manor College. Must have experience working with Expanded Function Dental Assistants.
Manor College Dental Health Center is a newly renovated, dental care facility where education takes place through direct patient care. Bring your knowledge and experience to our students. Available rotation is Monday morning 9-12 . We have a wonderful patient populous. As a practice we only accept PPO insurances and/or cash payments. This is a rewarding position for someone who loves teaching. Please send resume.
EFDA Program Director
Manor College, Dental Center
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, Pa. 19046
Medical Coding Instructors ( I, II)
Manor College is seeking part-time instructors to teach Medical Coding, levels I and II, for the Continuing Education Department.
The instructor will provide continued discussion, practice, and application of coding procedures in preparation for the Certified Professional Coders (CPC) certification exam and prepare students for real world current medical coding practices. Medical Coding is offered each semester.
Class times and Schedules inquire within.
Work experience as a coder using ICD-9 and HCPCS
Some teaching experience preferred.
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Guest Speakers for Dental Professionals
The Dental Hygiene and EFDA Programs are seeking guest speakers interested in presenting seminars that will offer licensed dental professionals required continuing education credits (CEUs). If you have an interesting and informative topic to teach these paraprofessionals, please contact Professional Development Coordinator of the Continuing Education Department at Manor College for more details at 215-884-2218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Equal Opportunity Statement
Manor College is committed to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunities for all people and embraces diversity. Furthermore the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin (including limited English proficiency), sex, age, or actual or perceived disability in its educational programs or employment opportunities. It is important and necessary that candidates who accept employment with the College accept the Mission Statement of the College.
For information regarding civil rights, grievance procedures, or access contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at 700 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046 or 215-885-2360 x 273.
The Federal Clery Act requires all institutions of higher education to make available to prospective employees their Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, and policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Manor College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to the campus. A paper copy of this report is available from the Security Services Office, upon request.