Positions currently available at Manor College:
Adjunct Instructor Positions (Sociology)
The Department of Liberal Arts at Manor College is presently seeking the services of qualified candidates to teach sociology courses on a part-time basis during the Spring 2016 semester. We presently have teaching openings for the following spring 2016 semester courses:
SO 102 Introduction to Sociology (MWF, 11:00-11:50)
SO 108 Medical Sociology (MWF, 12:00-12:50)
SO 102 Introduction to Sociology (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 2:00-3:15)
Master’s Degree or Ph. D. in Sociology.
Teaching experience at the collegiate level is strongly preferred.
Please send a CV, three references, and a cover letter to the following individual if you are interested in applying for these teaching openings: Matthew Smalarz (email@example.com), History and Social Sciences Coordinator, Professor of History, Manor College, 700 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, PA, 19046.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
Full-Time Director of Admissions
Objectives: Develop strategic marketing and admissions initiatives that support the College’s recruitment, enrollment, retention and academic goals and programs.
- Recruit and admit full-time, part-time, and adult learner degree students.
- Ensuring student enrollment objectives are met and/or exceeded.
- Enforce the overall qualifications of incoming students meet expectations (standards).
- Formulate and implement admissions policies.
- Ensuring policies and procedures are understood and applied effectively by department personnel.
- Evaluate policies and procedures on an annual basis keeping them current.
- Manage and/or oversee direct supervision of all department employees.
- Responsible for Admissions, Continuing Education and Adult Learning Program.
- All position descriptions are kept current.
- Department employees understand their jobs and the performance level expected by the Director.
- Gives annual performance reviews to all employees.
- Specific evidence of staff development and training is identified.
- Prepare and Manage department budget.
- Proposed budget is accurate, on time, and operating within 10% of approved budget.
- Serve as the official college spokesperson in matters related to admissions.
- Represent the department effectively to potential students and “outside” agencies, schools and companies. Ensure that enrollment at Manor remains steady and/or increases.
- Serve as liaison with division chairs/program directors to promote the college to prospective students, not limited to liaison with state employment agencies.
- Plan and implement strategies for the full-time admissions programs and all related activates
- Short and long-term strategies are clearly identified and understood by the departmental staff.
- Annual recruitment plans are reviewed with all department employees.
- Prepare/present admissions research and reports as appropriate.
- Decisions made by the Director reflect knowledge of trends in college admissions, both locally and nationally.
- Extract data from the Comprehensive Academic Management System (CAMS) to forecast and recommend recruitment strategies for specific high schools and targeted geographic areas.
- Responsible for yearly reporting of: IPEDS, College Board Surveys, and other reporting.
- Responsible for learning, educating and training department personnel on the use of CRM (Customer Relationship Manager) system.
- Coordinate Admissions Office activities with the functions, policies, and procedures of other offices, departments, committees, and personnel of the College.
- Direct and/or review all college admission related materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred), minimum 3 years of related experience in recruitment, or admissions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies, including students and parents.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to understand and interpret rules and regulations effecting financial aid and higher education.
- Strong computer application skills: Microsoft applications, ability to use or gain knowledge of student information systems.
- Recruitment travel is required and a valid driver’s license is required at the time of hiring and throughout the term of employment.
Full Benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Holidays, 403B, Life, STD/LTD…
To be considered, please submit your resume with salary requirements and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org.Background checks will be completed.
Enrollment Management – Full-Time Admissions Counselor
The department of Full-Time Admissions at Manor College has an immediate opening for an Admission Counselor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the development and cultivation of an assigned territory to recruit freshman and transfer students. This individual will serve as liaison with division chairs/program directors to promote the college to prospective students.
Qualified candidates will have an Associate’s degree or higher and at least one year of admissions experience and/or interviewing experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, faculty, and staff are necessary. Bi-Lingual in Spanish preferred. Familiarity with CAMS Enterprise program for applicant tracking is desirable. A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required. Ability to attend night and weekend admission events and an ability to travel are required. A willingness to commit to the mission and values of Manor College is imperative.
Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Sick, Personal, Paid Holidays, 403B, STD/LTD, Life Insurance…
Please send resumes to: email@example.com
Full-time Administrative Assistant for the Allied Health, Science and Mathematics Division.
Job Responsibilities Overview:
- Greet and assist students and visitors to the Allied Health Division office
- Handle routine office duties: schedule appointments, organize, maintain and update Division Office files, order supplies, type for Chair and faculty as needed, copy documents, answer telephone
- Assist with budget control
- Attend, record, circulate minutes for Division meetings
- Request & collect faculty schedules; post; forward to Dean’s Office
- Collect syllabi and outcomes reports each semester as per procedure
- Assist with academic advising program:
- assign AHSM students academic advisors
- prepare advising files
- communicate with advisors and advisees as needed
- maintain up-to-date advising database
- submit advisor/advisee lists to Academic Dean by due date
- Collect and forward faculty contract requests to the Academic Dean’s Office each semester by the specified due date
- Collect and process student evaluations each semester in a timely manner
- Collect and archive final examinations from Division instructors
- Maintain Division personnel files and database
- Perform tasks required for overall Division operations as established by the AHSM Division Chairperson
- Secretarial experience; computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.
- High School diploma/GED
Manor offers a competitive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick, 403B…
Please send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-Time Evening Custodian.
This position is Monday – Friday 10:00 pm - 6:00 am.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Vacuum/dust-mop all floors, classrooms, hallways, stairs, offices etc.
- Collect and dispose of all trash, in classrooms, bathrooms, offices, dining hall, lounge, etc.
- Wash/Clean bathrooms from top to bottom daily.
- Keep restrooms properly stocked with supplies.
- Water coolers should be cleaned daily and refilled as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the student lounge and dining hall.
- Inspect the entire facility to ensure all furniture is properly positioned.
- Wet-wash floors, wash windows and walls, polish furniture during winter and summer breaks.
- Strip/Finish hallways, stairs, rooms and gym balcony during school break.
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 Years experience in office or school environment.
- Capable of a high level of physical activity.
- Ability to lift up from 15 to 75 pounds regularly.
- Good planning and scheduling skills to ensure that all work if accomplished in a timely manner.
- Someone who takes pride in workmanship.
- Must be able to maintain a good, steady work pace.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to provide clearances if hired.
Qualified candidates should email their resume to email@example.com
Medical Coding Instructors ( I, II)
Manor College is seeking part-time instructors to teach Medical Coding, levels I and II, for the Continuing Education Department.
The instructor will provide continued discussion, practice, and application of coding procedures in preparation for the Certified Professional Coders (CPC) certification exam and prepare students for real world current medical coding practices. Medical Coding is offered each semester.
Class times and Schedules inquire within.
Work experience as a coder using ICD-9 and HCPCS
Some teaching experience preferred.
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Guest Speakers for Dental Professionals
The Dental Hygiene and EFDA Programs are seeking guest speakers interested in presenting seminars that will offer licensed dental professionals required continuing education credits (CEUs). If you have an interesting and informative topic to teach these paraprofessionals, please contact Professional Development Coordinator of the Continuing Education Department at Manor College for more details at 215-884-2218 or firstname.lastname@example.org. EOE
Equal Opportunity Statement
Manor College is committed to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunities for all people and embraces diversity. Furthermore the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin (including limited English proficiency), sex, age, or actual or perceived disability in its educational programs or employment opportunities. It is important and necessary that candidates who accept employment with the College accept the Mission Statement of the College.
For information regarding civil rights, grievance procedures, or access contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at 700 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046 or 215-885-2360 x 273.
The Federal Clery Act requires all institutions of higher education to make available to prospective employees their Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, and policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Manor College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to the campus. A paper copy of this report is available from the Security Services Office, upon request.