Positions currently available at Manor College:
Associate Dean of Academic Affairs
Manor College, a two year, private Catholic college located in Jenkintown, PA is seeking an Associate Dean of Academic Affairs. This position reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs. Employment will begin in June 2014.
POSITON: Full Time, Calendar Year
The responsibilities of the Associate Dean include the following:
Implement all processes relevant to the academic status of students: withdrawals, reinstatements, curriculum changes, deferred exam approval. Review academic alerts and progress of students each semester. Prepare probation, dismissal and Dean’s Lists. Evaluate and approve courses taken at other institutions, Advanced Placement credits, CLEP and credits for prior learning. Manage all student related academic concerns, academic accommodation requests, grade appeals and grievances from the Division Chair level. Update faculty and academic advising handbooks. Plan and conduct professional development of adjunct faculty. Review and approve graduation audits, selection of award recipients. Review/ or develop curriculum, advising guidelines and academic policies and procedures. Prepare summary analysis of student learning outcomes for the core curriculum. Develop and coordinate articulation, dual admissions agreements with four year institutions and high school partnerships.
Qualifications must include: Master’s degree; three years academic administrative experience at the Dean, Program Director, Chairperson Level; curriculum review, new learning modalities, program and general education assessment, undergraduate teaching and experience with technology; excellent communication, collaborative, organizational and planning skills.
Send CV to: Executive Vice President and Dean of Academic Affairs
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
E-mail: email@example.com (EOE)
DENTAL HYGIENE DEPARTMENT, DENTAL HYGIENE CLINIC COORDINATOR, FULL-TIME, 10 MONTH CONTRACT
- Clinical and didactic teaching
- Coordination and supervision of the clinical program
- Clinic management and administrative duties
- Participation in program planning, development and evaluation
- Participation in program and student assessment
- College committee service
- 7 years clinical practice
- College level teaching experience preferred
- Pennsylvania Dental Hygiene and Local Anesthesia Licensure
- Current member of the American Dental Hygienists’ Association
Please submit letter of interest and curriculum vitae to:
Dr. Virginia M. Saunders
Chairperson, Allied Health, Science & Mathematics Divison
and Director, Dental Hygiene Program
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046-3399
Full-Time Position as Program Director of Business Programs
Manor College is seeking a full-time faculty member to serve as Program Director of its Business Administration, Management, Sport Management and Marketing programs.
Candidate must possess:
- A minimum of a Masters of Business Administration.
- Real-world business experience.
- Previous teaching experience in business, especially at the college level.
- Knowledge of ACBSP accreditation compliance.
Program directorship at the college level desired.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Direction, evaluation and assessment of the Business Administration, Management, Marketing and Sport Management programs.
- Review, evaluation and recommendation of revisions, if needed, for the business programs’ curricula.
- Supervision, hiring and oversight of all program faculty.
- Preparation and teaching of three (3) courses (9 contact hours per week of instructional time) in the Fall and in the Spring semesters each academic year.
- Serving as academic advisor to program students.
- Maintaining four (4) hours per week of posted student advising hours.
- Maintaining additional advising and registration hours as needed to assist students in course selection.
- Liaison to the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) and supervision of continuing accreditation of all departmental programs.
- Development and implementation of long range planning for the programs.
- Management of expenses and budgeting for the programs.
- Preparation of course schedules for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters for the business program offerings.
- Monitoring program completion and graduation audits for program students.
- Serving on the department advisory board and on college committees.
- Participation in Business and Legal Studies and college-wide meetings and activities.
- Performance of duties necessary for the efficient, smooth operation of the Business and Legal Studies office.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education level. Please submit, either via email or mail, a resume or CV, statement of teaching philosophy, salary requirements, and two (2) letters of reference to:
Diane Pevar, J.D.
Chair, Business and Legal Studies
700 Fox Chase Road
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Women’s Head Coaches (Part-Time)
Job Summary: Seeking to fill Head Coach positions in our Athletics Department for Women’s Volley Ball and Women’s Soccer. The Head Coaches are responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport. Reports to the Director of Athletics.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Recruit players. Assesses player’s skills and assigns team positions.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletics director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Works with the athletic director to develop a policy for awards and submits a list of award winners at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, and award nights.
- Models nondiscriminatory practices in all activities.
- Attends staff development meetings, clinics, and other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by the Athletic Director or other appropriate administrator.
Job Specifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Some experience as a volleyball coach, soccer coach, or assistant coach at the high school or college level preferred.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in physical education, recreation, health, or related field. Four years of experience with a college-level or higher-level program or as a high school head coach may be substituted for the aforementioned degree requirement. Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations. Knowledge of NCAA rules and compliance issues concerning the administration of intercollegiate athletics. EOE
Qualified Applicants may send their resumes and references to:
Robert Reeves, Director of Athletics, firstname.lastname@example.org
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Clinical Instructor
P.T. EFDA Clinical Instructor for Monday mornings and Friday 9-4 rotations to work with the EFDA students in direct patient care in our state of the art clinical facility.
A minimum of 3 years full time experience in General Dentistry working as an EFDA
Applicant must demonstrate good knowledge and skills in both Dental Assisting and Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
Proof of current Pennsylvania EFDA Certification
Proof of Pennsylvania X-ray Certification
Proof of CPR Healthcare Provider Certification
Please send resume to:
Diane Meehan, EFDA Program Director
Guest Speakers for Dental Professionals
The Dental Hygiene and EFDA Programs are seeking guest speakers interested in presenting seminars that will offer licensed dental professionals required continuing education credits (CEUs). If you have an interesting and informative topic to teach these paraprofessionals, please contact Professional Development Coordinator of the Continuing Education Department at Manor College for more details at 215-884-2218 or email@example.com. EOE
Equal Opportunity Statement
Manor College is committed to the principle of equal educational and employment opportunities for all people and embraces diversity. Furthermore the College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin (including limited English proficiency), sex, age, or actual or perceived disability in its educational programs or employment opportunities. It is important and necessary that candidates who accept employment with the College accept the Mission Statement of the College.
For information regarding civil rights, grievance procedures, or access contact the Civil Rights Coordinator at 700 Fox Chase Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046 or 215-885-2360 x 273.
The Federal Clery Act requires all institutions of higher education to make available to prospective employees their Annual Security and Fire Safety Report. This report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety, including topics such as: crime prevention, fire safety, crime reporting policies, and policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on campus, in off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by Manor College, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to the campus. A paper copy of this report is available from the Security Services Office, upon request.